"Pilates not only helps you physically & mentally ... it becomes you!"
Joy Feary - Pilates Master Teacher
Pilates Equipment Studio
The REAL Pilates experience
What on earth are all those machines?
Take a look inside Studio One at Body 2 Fit Wynyard and this is often what you'll hear our clients ask!
Studio One at Body 2 Fit in Wynyard is home to the only FULLY equipped Pilates equipment studio in the Northeast .. combined with the wealth of experience of our Pilates teachers, the equipment and set-up at Body 2 Fit is setting the standard for traditional Pilates instruction in the Northeast.
Pilates was originally taught on a 1-2-1 basis using a variety of equipment to achieve quicker results. As the benefits of practising Pilates became more popular around the globe, matwork classes were designed to meet the growing demand. Whilst matwork practised on a regular basis can help to acheive results - Pilates equipment sessions can strengthen, tone and sculpt your body much quicker.
Body 2 Fit has invested in the full set of specialist Pilates equipment and in the hands of our expertly trained teachers, we provide an unsurpassable service in the traditional Pilates method - Jospeh Pilates himself would be proud!
Studio One houses the following Pilates equipment:
- REFORMER - perhaps the most familiar piece of Pilates equipment, the Reformer has been modified in recent years to allow clients to purchase a smaller, low-cost version to keep at home (often under the bed!) so that equipment session benefits can be maintained. Body 2 Fit has the professional rehab version - full length and ridiculously versatile - our reformer uses varying spring resistance and a smooth carriage function to help create a huge array of exercises. Whether its foot work on the bar, precision in the straps or an aerobic programme on the 'jump board' - the Reformer can be tailored for everything and everyone.
- STABILITY CHAIR - arguably the most functional piece of Pilates equipment - the Stability Chair uses spring resistance to provide the client with a variety of challenges in numerous postures. Particularly beneficial for clients who have to sit most of the day, the Stability Chair can be set-up to challenge the stabilising muscles of the seated posture and help educate on better posture.
- LADDER BARREL - is exactly as it sounds - a ladder connected to a barrel! Often the simplest things work the best and this is no exception ... the ladder barrel offers the client challenges against the pull of gravity in several postures creating an amazing feeling of hip opening and traction throughout the spine. The combination of its ladder rungs and the high barrel make this piece perfect for flexibility, stretching and strengthening exercises particularly in the lumbar spine and pelvis.
- CADILLAC TRAPEZE TABLE - the most complex, versatile and eye-catching piece of Pilates equipment - once you've tried it, you'll wonder how you lived without it! The favourite piece of equipment amongst the teachers here at Body 2 Fit, our fully-loaded Cadillac Trapeze table has every attachment going - sliding crossbars, roll bars, push through bars, trapeze seat, spring resistance and the infamous 'furry cuffs'! Each attachment brings a new challenge but more importantly, the versatility of this piece means EVERYONE can discover, correct and improve their weaknesses. The Cadillac Trapeze is a particular favourite with our professional football clients.
- BABY ARCS - effectively 1/2 a barrel that allows for both support and challenge of support for the spine in a variety of postures. This piece is most commonly used on the mat to create new postures and challenges however, the imagination of our teachers means that you'll often experience the use of a Baby Arc in combination with one of the larger pieces of equipment! Simple but extremely effective, the Baby Arcs are perfect for low level spine opening exercises and flexibility of the pelvis. Body 2 Fit has several Baby Arcs and will often incorporate these into a matwork session.
Newsletter Sign Up
“I have found Pilates very helpful in strengthening my back. I feel it’s one of the best forms of exercise I’ve ever done.”