"We succeed where others have failed"
Joy Feary - Consultant Physiotherapist
I've injured myself and need an appointment - what happens next?
What to expect when coming for your first appointment
It's most likely that your first point of contact will be one of our fantastic reception staff who are on hand to help with your enquiries and book your appointment. They will ask for your contact details, your GPs contact details and a brief description of the area you have injured. They can then advise you on the best Physio specialist to see for the nature of your problem and what would be suitable clothing to wear for the assessment so that the Physio can assess the area fully.
At your assessment, one of our Physio team will:
- Take a detailed history (questioning) of your presenting problem and past medical history
- Physically assess the problem (analyse movement & pain)
- Use sound clinical reasoning to formulate a diagnosis (tell you what the problem is)
- Discuss with you the best management strategy (treat the problem and educate on prevention)
- Manually treat the problem (use one of several hands-on techniques to help alleviate your pain and accelerate your recovery).
Newsletter Sign Up
"The set-up is superb, an ideal combination of traditional physiotherapy facilities linked with two well-equipped studios for pilates, balance work and core stability training."